The beauty industry has evolved to such an extent that it’s now pretty easy to find a nonsurgical treatment for nearly any cosmetic concern. Over the past two years we’ve gone through a bit of a roller coaster ride, wondering first about the future of cosmetic treatments, then seeing a significant increase in the number of people seeking plastic surgery. Here, we discuss some of the many reasons why people choose to undergo plastic surgery.
- Lines and wrinkles. Facelift surgery was the first interventional treatment to dramatically rejuvenate an aging face. In the last few decades we’ve come to rely on injectables to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face. Injectables like Botox and dermal fillers are a big part of our practice, as is microneedling for natural tissue rejuvenation. Still, patients who are interested in more dramatic and longer-lasting improvements choose plastic surgery procedures like blepharoplasty, facelift surgery, and brow lift procedures.
- Loose skin. Facial aging isn’t all about lines and wrinkles. Some of the more profound issues that adults face at some point include jowls and sagging skin on the upper neck. The loss of firmness and elasticity is to blame. To correct these issues, as well as creases around the nose and mouth, patients often choose to undergo facelift surgery.
- Excess skin on the body. We all develop some loose skin on certain body parts as we age. However, sometimes the skin becomes droopy and redundant. People who significant excesses of skin can often achieve outstanding cosmetic improvements via precise body contouring procedures. In addition to liposuction and tummy tuck surgery, this may include thigh lift, arm lifts, or even lower body lifts. People who have lost a substantial amount of weight are some of the best candidates for these types of procedures.
- Help for Moms. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can alter a woman’s body forever. Plastic surgery has played a major role in helping women of all ages address changes that they cannot accept. Mommy Makeover surgery is popular for reshaping the breasts and abdominal area to improve overall physical proportions.
- Confidence! Regardless of the specific plastic surgery procedure a patient chooses, the ultimate reward is feeling more confident. Everyone deserves to like what they see when they look in a mirror. Whether it’s extra body fat, loose skin, or an aging face that degrades self-confidence, plastic surgery can help create peace of mind, with patients enjoying long- lasting improvements.
We love helping our patients love their look. To schedule your consultation with Dr. Kunkel, contact our Fort Worth office at 817.335.5200.